16 November 2021 – The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) will be hosting its annual Satellite Industry Forum on Thursday, 18 November this year, under the Asia Video Summit umbrella of events which are taking place from 11 – 18 November.
Momentous changes were already underway within the satellite industry when the Covid-19 crisis disrupted lives and businesses around the world. In 2020, segments of the satellite industry were hit hard, with rippling effects from the pandemic accelerating closures and sales. However, the tides could finally be shifting for the satellite industry, as growth opportunities now abound, and there is a lot more to be positive about in 2022.
Key sessions at this year’s Satellite Industry Forum include:
- The Asian Operators’ Growth Strategies
- Space Business in India – No Longer just Pie in the Sky
- Countries in Focus: Thailand and Indonesia
- NGSO: The New World Order?
- The Future of Flexible Satellites
- New Trends, New Ideas Beyond the Digital Frontier
The opening keynote will be helmed by Stephen Spengler, CEO, Intelsat, for his final keynote presentation and interview before he steps down. In this opening session, Spengler will offer a global perspective of the satellite industry, its impact on the Asian markets, what will drive or inhibit growth in demand for the industry in the coming decade, and how satellite is becoming more attractive to the media industry.
Also headlining the Satellite Industry Forum this year is Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises and Executive Chairman of OneWeb. In his keynote presentation, Mittal will share his perspectives on the space business in India, how India will benefit from having access to private sector satellites and how satellites can become a bigger part of the global communications ecosystem.
Other key speakers joining the Forum this year will be:
- Roger Tong, CEO, AsiaSat
- Christophe Cazes, Regional VP Asia-Pacific, Eutelsat Group, CEO, Eutelsat Asia
- Yau Chyong Lim, COO, MEASAT
- Tina Ghataore, President, Mynaric USA
- Nick Leake, Head of Satellite and Space Systems, Optus
- Adi R. Adiwoso, President & CEO, PSN
- Terry Yamashita, Group President, Global Business Group, SKY Perfect JSAT
About the Asia Video Industry Association:
The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) is the trade association for the video industry and satellite ecosystem in Asia Pacific. It serves to make the video industry stronger and healthier through promoting the common interests of its members. The AVIA is the interlocutor for these industries with governments across the region, leads the fight against video piracy through its Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) and provides insight into the video industry through reports and conferences aimed to support a vibrant video industry.