FFmpeg is the Swiss Army knife of the audio-video editing, processing, compression, and streaming world. You can practically do anything with FFmpeg when it pertains to building an AV pipeline and in this tutorial, we cover several popular and useful uses of FFmpeg.
So what are the “Recipes in FFmpeg”?
These are ready-to-use snippets for specific use-cases complete with command lines, and examples of inputs and outputs to help you understand the use case. For example, blurring a video, cropping it, rotating it clockwise, and so much more!
- What is FFmpeg?
- How to install FFmpeg on Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu?
- ffprobe – Comprehensive Tutorial with 7 Examples
- Extract Frame Count Using ffprobe (Number of Frames in a Video)
Video Compression & Streaming using FFmpeg
- VMAF in FFmpeg – Installation and Usage Guide for Ubuntu
- HLS Packaging using FFmpeg – Easy Step-by-Step Tutorial
Working with Video
- How to Crop a Video with FFmpeg’s crop filter
- How to Cut Video Using FFmpeg in 3 Easy Ways (Extract/Trim)
- Remove Last 10 Seconds of a Video using FFmpeg
- How to Concatenate mp4 Files Using FFmpeg – 3 Different Ways!
- Resize/Scale/Change Resolution of a Video using FFmpeg Easily
- How to Rotate A Video using FFmpeg Easily
- How to Reverse a Video using FFmpeg
- Stack Videos Horizontally, Vertically, in a Grid With FFmpeg
- Create Video from Images using FFmpeg
- How to Create a GIF from Images using FFmpeg?
- Create Vintage Videos Using FFmpeg in 4 Simple Steps
- Thumbnails & Screenshots using FFmpeg – 3 Efficient Techniques
- Blur a Video using FFmpeg’s BoxBlur Filter
- CrossFade, Dissolve, and other Effects using FFmpeg’s xfade Filter
- FFmpeg drawtext filter to Insert Dynamic Overlays, Scrolling Text, and Timestamps
Video file conversions
- How to Convert AVI to MP4 using FFmpeg? Lossy and Lossless Conversion
- Convert to YUV using FFmpeg and Playback Using ffplay
- FFmpeg – Convert to Apple ProRes 422 / 4444 Simplified