London/Berlin/Paris, September 29, 2022: Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) announce the launch of the jointly created Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV (FAST) offering. The product combines technology and expertise from the three companies to create an efficient B2B solution for implementing and managing FAST channels. High View, a Germany-and-Austria-based independent media company, is the debut customer, distributing its content on 2016 and later LG Smart TVs through LG Channels, which is LG’s own FAST platform.
The three firms’ combination of sophisticated FAST channel workflows, world-class dynamic ad insertion, and advanced programmatic advertising will now allow publishers to seamlessly monetize content without changing their technological infrastructure.
“By utilizing the well-integrated feature-set of Red Bee Media, Nowtilus, and Equativ in distribution and monetization of FAST channels to a wide range of platforms and devices, we ensure that our valuable content is flawlessly showcased on LG Channels,” said High View Managing Director Alexander Trauttmansdorff.
The recently launched six channels for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland all have different characteristics and serve a variety of viewer preferences:
- Just Cooking is a cooking channel that brings talented bloggers and YouTubers on board to provide a varied range of modern cooking shows as well as young and fresh in-house productions.
- XPLORE shows documentaries about foreign countries and cultures, plunges into adventurous expeditions, and suggests beautiful travel destinations.
- One Terra presents the different lives and daily routines of extraordinary humans around the world, with high-quality reportage and storytelling.
- Hip Trips isanother travel channel with authentic reports from people who explore countries and experience them as they really are in a combination of food, lifestyle, and adventure.
- Waidwerk Free is the brand for hunting and fishing programs in German-speaking countries. With this channel viewers get the latest know-how in hunting and fishing and the fascination of nature directly into their living rooms and onto their mobile devices.
- Bergblick Free shows impressive nature and extraordinary people who experience their dreams, adventures, and sporting feats in it. On display are the diversity of fauna and flora in alpine regions around the world and the extreme conditions that have to be mastered in the mountains.
“Having localized content on our LG Channels platform is crucial for success in regions like Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, which have been spoiled with high-value content for decades. Therefore, High View’s Channel portfolio brings the perfect addition to our FAST Platform”, noted Chris Jo, Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment Platform business division at LG.“As the pace of media convergence increases, content owners and aggregators need partners that can reliably deliver content to worldwide audiences,” said Steve Nylund, CEO, Red Bee Media. “We are hugely excited about this partnership with Nowtilus and Equativ to empower customers such as High View with the flexibility to spin up FAST channels as and when required. It will provide consumers with unique and personalized media experiences, whilst accessing new ad revenues for our customer.”
About Red Bee Media
Red Bee Media is the leading global media services partner for innovation and growth. Every day, millions of people across the globe discover, enjoy, and engage with content prepared, managed, broadcast, and streamed using Red Bee’s services. The company empowers some of the world’s strongest media brands, broadcasters, and content owners to instantly connect with audiences anywhere at any time. Headquartered in London, with 2300 media experts in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North America, Red Bee provides innovative solutions across the entire content delivery chain including Playout, OTT, Distribution, MCR, Media Management, Access Services, Content Discovery, and Post-Production. https://www.redbeemedia.com
Founded in Berlin and Halle in 2007, Nowtilus has pioneered AI-driven video personalization services through its dynamic award-winning Ad Insertion Platform Serverside.ai, a comprehensive solution that addresses the compatibility issues that video broadcasters have faced while transitioning to digital streaming. They help broadcasters, telcos, and content providers to monetize their FAST, AVOD, and OTT TV streaming platforms by offering seamless, personalized, and relevant ad experiences. By simplifying the workflow and optimizing connections between delivery platforms and monetization engines, Serverside.ai gives video creators the ability to focus on building and distributing content, while advertising and revenue systems work smoothly in the background.
Nowtilus is also at the forefront of HbbTV technology development and deployment, helping to lead the evolution of traditional broadcasting into the possibilities that IP datacasting offers to programmers and advertisers. Learn more at www.serverside.ai
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, and LiquidM — three proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply-side and demand side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 450 in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfil the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at www.equativ.com