For the first time ever, premium South Asian channels such as Times Now, Republic TV, Zoom, Mastiii TV, etc. are now available free to stream for consumers
San Bruno, CA, August 31, 2021 — DistroTV, the largest, independent free ad-supported streaming television platform, continues to expand its content offerings to cater to a growing and diverse global audience. The platform today announces DistroTV Desi, initially offering 15+ premier Southeast Asian channel content for free — no subscription or registration necessary. This bundle is expected to grow exponentially over the coming weeks and will be available across the US, UK, Europe, and Canada and offer viewers a variety of diverse content focusing on news, entertainment & lifestyle geared towards the Desi (Southeast Asian – Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan) population abroad.
The DistroTV Desi Bundle channel offerings include:
News & Opinion
- Republic TV: India’s most watched English news channel.
- Times Now News: One of India’s largest media conglomerates focusing on global news & issues.
- WION (World Is One News): Examining global issues with in-depth analysis.
- Mirror Now: Part of the Times Group offering local and community based coverage.
- R. Bharat: Hindi language news channel from Republic World.
- Times Now Navbharat: Part of the Times Group featuring independent news in Hindi language.
- News24: targets the global Indian with news that is credible, true and fast.
Entertainment & Lifestyle
- Zoom: India’s leading Hindi entertainment television channel featuring Bollywood music, gossip & celebrity updates.
- Mastiii TV: India’s number one music and youth channel.
- Arré: Edgy, new-age infotainment channel from India featuring young & diverse Hindi & English content.
- BritAsia TV: From the UK, a diverse channel with a focus on Bhangra, Punjabi Pop and Bollywood.
- MATV: From the UK, featuring Indian programming in Hindi, English, Gujarati and Punjabi.
- Akaal Channel: Punjabi language focused and Sikhi based lifestyle channel.
- Channel S: The number one British Bangladeshi lifestyle TV channel in the UK.
- NTV: The leading Bangladeshi TV channel from the UK catering to every culture, age group, religion and gender.
- E24: one of the premier entertainment websites of young India which has carved a niche for itself for an elaborate and reliable coverage of Bollywood and the vast television industry.
With the DistroTV Desi Bundle, DistroTV aims to serve a massive underserved audience, who are lacking authentic entertainment from their home countries. DistroTV fills that void by offering these culturally rich channels in a free bundle so that diverse audiences can stream and enjoy content that might have otherwise been locked behind a subscription or paywall.
“We’re thrilled to provide our diverse and growing global audience with the content they crave, without any subscription fees,” said Navdeep Saini, co-founder and CEO of DistroScale, parent company of DistroTV. “No longer will Desi communities in these major markets feel that they cannot access their favorite shows or channels, or feel restricted by associated costs. Our mission at DistroTV is to provide content for every viewer, on every device. And that’s exactly what we’re accomplishing with this latest bundled offering.”
DistroTV is always growing and diversifying its 150+ channel content library. The platform’s strong programming lineup includes a mix of popular film and television shows, such Bloomberg, EuroNews, People TV, Magellan TV and TD Ameritrade network, as well as independent channels like Black Enterprise, as well as Kweli TV, which spotlights the rich history and global diversity of the Black community; Canela TV, featuring Spanish programming; Latido Music, the leading channel for Latin music; and more.
“This is just the beginning, we have many more channels in the pipeline. Smaller southeast Asian audiences with regional language roots like Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, and Malayalam who have been largely ignored by mainstream media platforms can now watch their favorite channels in their regional language on DistroTV Desi, without having to depend on dodgy boxes and pirated apps,” said Rajesh Nair, Vice President of Business Development & Content Acquisition at DistroScale, the parent company of DistroTV.
Audiences can enjoy these channels for free anywhere across a wide array of CTV and mobile devices, as well as on the web by visiting Distro.tv — no registration or signup required. To become a viewer and/or understand which channels are available for live and/or Video-on-Demand (VoD) access in the various countries, visit https://www.distro.tv or install DistroTV for free on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google TV, Samsung TV, Sony TV, iOS, or Android. For more information on the DistroTV Desi Bundle, visit https://distro.tv/desi.
DistroTV is the largest, independent, free, ad-supported streaming television service on the market. Launched in 2019 by parent company DistroScale, the platform caters to a multicultural, rapidly expanding, globally-minded audience of passionate viewers in the US, Canada, and UK. Satisfying the growing demand for premium video content in multiple languages, DistroTV delivers premium video content from producers globally across North America, the UK, Bollywood, Latin America, China, Southeast Asia, and growing. With more than 150 channels plus thousands of Video on Demand (VOD) shows, DistroTV cultivates content that covers a broad spectrum of topics to connect with people’s passion points around Entertainment, Lifestyle, Sports, News, Documentaries and International Content in live, linear and video-on-demand formats. DistroTV is available on the web, as well as through Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Google TV, Apple TV, Google TV, Samsung TV, Sony TV, and iOS and Android devices.
DistroTV is the first direct-to-consumer offering from DistroScale, a technology company founded in 2013 and known for providing a global clientele of thousands of media properties with the industry’s most comprehensive video platform for web, apps, and streaming. DistroScale is an all-in-one solution providing infrastructure, content delivery, curation, analytics and a full suite of monetization options. Video enabled by DistroScale reaches more than 250 million visitors per month. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To become a DistroTV viewer, visit www.distro.tv. More information on DistroScale & DistroTV is available at www.distroscale.com.