At IBC2021, Broadpeak will highlight solutions designed to transcend quality of experience (QoE) expectations for video streaming. With Broadpeak’s CDN solutions, content providers and pay-TV operators can deliver a QoE on par with Netflix and future-proof their video delivery operations.
“We are excited to be back at IBC and look forward to meeting our customers, partners, and colleagues face to face at one of the industry’s biggest events,” said Jacques Le Mancq, CEO at Broadpeak. “Video delivery is changing, and IBC2021 is the perfect opportunity for us to share how Broadpeak’s CDN technologies are continuously adapting to these changes. At our stand we’ll be showcasing our origin and cloud PVR solutions, as well as demonstrating advanced CDN, multicast ABR, and ad insertion innovations for improving video service quality of experience and monetization.”
Key highlights at the show will include:
Open, Dynamic and Elastic Advanced CDN
Today’s content providers and network service providers need a CDN that can adapt to the context of the situation while ensuring superior quality. At IBC2021, Broadpeak will demonstrate how its advanced CDN is future-proofed for video delivery by leveraging an open, dynamic, and elastic architecture.
- Openness: Broadpeak’s CDN solution allows the delivery of third-party content, such as HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and DAZN.
- Dynamicity: With Broadpeak’s CDN, service providers can dynamically optimize traffic and QoE thanks to powerful analytics and a new centralized steering center. The steering center enables service providers to constantly adapt to the streaming context and enjoy a unique set of features including network-controlled ABR streaming technology (S4Streaming), multicast ABR, fast zapping, and seamless fail-over.
- Elasticity: Broadpeak’s CDN provides unparalleled elasticity for video distribution. All of the features and components on Broadpeak’s CDN are available as containers orchestrated via Kubernetes to adapt the topology to the actual consumption.
Broadpeak will offer several live demos of its CDN at IBC2021, including:
- Context-aware CDN with a steering center where operators can control what CDN features are being used for each session with a very fine granularity based on the request characteristics
- Open caching based on SVA APIs for streaming Disney+ content
- Video analytics for maximizing the quality of service and gaining better control over the video system with A/B testing
Multicast ABR (mABR)
Broadpeak will highlight its widely deployed nanoCDN™ solution at IBC2021. nanoCDN brings scalability and low latency to the live multiscreen video delivery environment. During the show, attendees can stop by the Broadpeak booth to see how nanoCDN benefits video service delivery and supports the latest trends in live sports rights acquisition and streaming, with real-world examples, such as DAZN for the Serie A in Italy.
At IBC2021, Broadpeak will showcase its ad insertion solution for monetizing live, cloud DVR, and VOD content on every screen. Broadpeak’s BkYou ad insertion solution includes fast offline ad transcoding, robust security and anti-fraud, and server-side ad insertion capabilities with detailed client-side reporting.
By bringing together the efficiency of mABR for linear distribution with the level of personalization that ABR natively enables, Broadpeak’s ad insertion solution enables operators to implement targeted ads on the main screen, where it matters most economically.
Broadpeak® designs and manufactures video delivery components for content providers and network service providers deploying IPTV, cable, OTT, and mobile services. Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming, and other video content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience.
Broadpeak supports all of its customers worldwide, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several million of simultaneous streams. The company is headquartered in Cesson-Sevigne, France.